Delivery Driver, First Shift and Second Shift (first shift: 5AM to 1:30 PM including weekends; second shift: 2:30 PM to 11 PM including weekends)
Founded in Philadelphia in 2010, Wash Cycle Laundry is the fastest, most convenient and sustainable way for urban businesses to do laundry. We are a triple-bottom line social enterprise committed to creating a launching pad into upwardly mobile careers, especially for people with histories of incarceration and homelessness, who make up over half of our team. We are also working to push the boundaries of environmental sustainability, adopting cutting-edge green technologies inside the plant and pioneering the use of cargo bikes for urban laundry delivery.
The Delivery Driver picks up and delivers laundry using a company box truck and manages the relationship with our important customers.
- Using a company 16', 20', or 26' box truck, load, unload, and deliver laundry for commercial and institutional customers in the Boston metro area.
- Drive safely, legally, and respectfully while navigating a variety of routes throughout the city and adhering to a time schedule.
- Meet your customers' expectations for on-time deliveries.
- Think and communicate through unexpected situations -- whether it's traffic, a delay at the plant, or a flat tire, you'll find a solution and make sure your customers and teammates know what they can expect.
- Lead periodic inventory counts at our customers' places of business.
- Experience driving 16', 20' or 26' box trucks is necessary. A CDL license or equivalent experience is preferred, but is not necessary.
- Be attentive, motivated, and reliable.
- Confident user of a smartphone and mapping apps.
- At least conversational ability in Spanish and English preferred. All of our Chelsea employees are native Spanish or Portuguese speakers, but many of our contacts speak English at the businesses we serve.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks over the course of a shift.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
- Effective communication skills regarding organizing a team’s work, handling issues, and communicating personal needs with coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and the stamina to stand and do physical work for up to 8 hours.
- Basic computer skills in order to operate Wash Cycle Laundry’s time clock and delivery tracking systems.
- Familiarity with email, passwords, and other internet basics.
Compensation and Schedule
- Pay rate: Delivery Drivers earn $20.15/hour plus paid sick time. Drivers whose route includes the Logan airport tarmac earn $23.15/hour plus paid sick time.
- Benefits: Paid time off (PTO), paid on-site education and training opportunities, health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Schedule: Monday through Sunday first shift: 5 AM to 1:30 PM. Monday through Sunday second shift: 2.30 PM to 11 PM. Employees will have two days off per week and must be available on weekends.
- The position is full time.
Wash Cycle Laundry Inc. es un empleador de igualdad de oportunidades.
Esperamos leer su solicitud.
About Wash Cycle Laundry
Wash Cycle Laundry was founded in 2010. We provide commercial and hotel laundry services to everybody from owner-operated hair salons to global airline and hotel brands. We serve amazing businesses in Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.
Wash Cycle Laundry is a CORI-friendly, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to second-chance hiring. Since the business began, we have consistently recruited, hired, and promoted individuals with a background of incarceration, justice system involvement, homelessness, recovery from substance use, use of public benefits, and other significant sources of life disruption.
We look forward to reading your application!
Sobre Wash Cycle Laundry
Wash Cycle Laundry fue fundada en el 2010 como un servicio de lavandería y alquiler de lencería hotelera y comercial. Brindamos servicios de lavandería comercial y hotelera a muchas empresas, desde salones de belleza operados por propietarios hasta marcas globales de aerolíneas y hoteles. Brindamos servicios a empresas increíbles en Boston, Filadelfia, Baltimore y Washington, DC.
Wash Cycle Laundry es un empleador compatible con CORI que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y se dedica a la contratación de segunda oportunidad. Desde que nuestra empresa inició, hemos reclutado, contratado y promovido constantemente a personas con antecedentes de encarcelamiento, presencia en el sistema judicial, personas sin hogar, personas en recuperación del uso de sustancias, uso pasado de asistencia financiera por parte del estado y/o cualquier otras situaciones significativas que han podido interrumpir o afectado sus vidas.
Esperamos leer su solicitud!