Laundry Team Member
Laundry Team Member, First and Second Shift (first shift 5AM to 1:30 PM including weekends; second shift 2:30PM to 11PM including weekends)
Founded in Philadelphia in 2010, Wash Cycle Laundry is the fastest, most convenient and sustainable way for urban businesses to do laundry. We are a triple-bottom line social enterprise committed to creating a launching pad into upwardly mobile careers, especially for people with histories of incarceration and homelessness, who make up over half of our team. We are also working to push the boundaries of environmental sustainability, adopting cutting-edge green technologies inside the plant and pioneering the use of cargo bikes for urban laundry delivery.
Laundry Team Members are the backbone of Wash Cycle Laundry operations - they wash, dry, press and fold laundry for the businesses we serve quickly, efficiently, and at the highest quality standards. Laundry Team Members provide our customers with everything from clean bed sheets to patient gowns, encouraging each customer to return for repeat business.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment and performing all tasks in a safe manner.
- Working as part of a small team, processing soiled laundry and linen items, including sorting soiled laundry, loading washers and dryers, moving material around our facility, and folding or pressing clean linen.
- Follow our operations handbook, which specifies the way each step should be performed.
- Communicating effectively with coworkers and supervisors.
- Following all safety procedures set forth by management and Team Leaders.
- Recording work performed in an online computer system.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of our facilities.
- Other tasks as required by the business.
- Commercial laundry experience preferred, but not required.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks over the course of a shift.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
- Effective communication skills regarding organizing a team’s work, handling issues, and communicating personal needs with coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and the stamina to stand and do physical work for up to 8 hours.
- Basic computer skills in order to operate Wash Cycle Laundry’s database and time clock systems.
- Familiarity with email, passwords, and other internet basics.
Compensation and Schedule:
- Pay rate: Laundry Team Members earn $17.50/hour plus paid time off.
- Benefits: Paid time off (PTO), paid on-site education and training opportunities, health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Schedule: Monday through Sunday first shift: 5 AM to 1:30 PM. Monday through Sunday second shift: 2.30 PM to 11 PM. Employees will have two days off per week and must be available on weekends.
- The position is full time.
About Wash Cycle Laundry
Wash Cycle Laundry was founded in 2010. We provide commercial and hotel laundry services to everybody from owner-operated hair salons to global airline and hotel brands. We serve amazing businesses in Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.
Wash Cycle Laundry is a CORI-friendly, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to second-chance hiring. Since the business began, we have consistently recruited, hired, and promoted individuals with a background of incarceration, justice system involvement, homelessness, recovery from substance use, use of public benefits, and other significant sources of life disruption.
We look forward to reading your application!
Sobre Wash Cycle Laundry
Wash Cycle Laundry fue fundada en el 2010 como un servicio de lavandería y alquiler de lencería hotelera y comercial. Brindamos servicios de lavandería comercial y hotelera a muchas empresas, desde salones de belleza operados por propietarios hasta marcas globales de aerolíneas y hoteles. Brindamos servicios a empresas increíbles en Boston, Filadelfia, Baltimore y Washington, DC.
Wash Cycle Laundry es un empleador compatible con CORI que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y se dedica a la contratación de segunda oportunidad. Desde que nuestra empresa inició, hemos reclutado, contratado y promovido constantemente a personas con antecedentes de encarcelamiento, presencia en el sistema judicial, personas sin hogar, personas en recuperación del uso de sustancias, uso pasado de asistencia financiera por parte del estado y/o cualquier otras situaciones significativas que han podido interrumpir o afectado sus vidas.
Esperamos leer su solicitud!